10.01.2016

Sunny Saturday

Fall has finally come on the Trail.  It's been picture perfect weather this week and we spent our days doing all kinds of fall things...picking gourds, going for long walks at night, and enjoying warm bowls of fall food.  All weekend long we are celebrating Kevin's birthday, so football and fajitas is on the schedule for today.  

Fall is so short and I just want to savor every day, so this week I'm sharing some fall things that made my week a bit sunnier.  Hope you enjoy!



First up is this beautiful sign I picked up at the Omaha Vintage Market from Here with Us last weekend (search for them on Instagram).  I walked around the market twice and just couldn't leave without taking home this piece.  It is one of the first things you see when you walk up our stairs into our home and I am partial to the verse.  I absolutely love it.

While Luke was at Wednesday night church this week, I snuck off to Trader Joe's to get some white pumpkins.  I planted a few rows of them this year, but not one made it.  Not one.  Trader Joe's to the rescue!  I picked up a bunch of baby ones along with a few big ones for our dining room table and I can't get enough of them.  I actually want to head back for more next week, but we'll see how it goes. Our house is full of gourds and pumpkins and baby popcorn.  I love this time of year!

Pumpkin spice used to be my jam.  I loved a PSL just as much as the next person, but my tastes have changed and it's not my favorite anymore.  BUT, these little petite pumpkin spice cookies from TJ's have won me over.  I had to resist eating the whole box on my way home the other night.  And, they're from Trader Joe's, so they're healthy.  #amiright

The last thing that made my week sunnier were some thoughtful friends.  Kevin and I had some friends send us a completely unexpected thank you card and gift card this week that made us smile.  We had friends praying for us and listening to us about our little old life.  Friends are one of life's greatest blessing and I may be bias, but I think we have the best.

I hope you have a Sunny Saturday wherever you may be today and you have the best fall weekend! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...